1. LEGAL USES. Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting's system and services may not be used in any way which violates Federal, State, Local, or International law. Further Customer is prohibited from taking any actions which are threatening, malicious, obscene, defamatory, abusive, unethical, violate privacy, promote hacking, promote gambling, or which violate trade secret, copyright or patent protection, or rights of privacy or publicity, or which result in the spread of computer viruses or other damaging programs or data files, or which violate any export restrictions (including making non-exportable information or software available to foreign nationals as may be prohibited by law). In the event Customer is suspected of any such violation, Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting reserves the right to immediately suspend Customer's account. If Customer's account is suspended, the regular service fees still apply. If Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting determines, in its sole discretion, that Customer has committed any such prohibited act, Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting may terminate services.
2. UNSOLICITED BULK ELECTRONIC MAILING. Customer is expressly prohibited from sending unsolicited bulk electronic mail messages ("junk mail" or "spam"). This includes, but is not limited to, bulk-mailing of advertising, information announcements, and political tracts. Such material may only be sent to those who have specifically requested it. Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting will freeze any account that we confirm as senders of unsolicited bulk electronic mail messages. There will be a $500 reinstatement fee. In addition, unsolicited commercial, political, or advertising posts to public forums ("spamvertising") is prohibited.
3. NETWORK TRANSMISSIONS. Customer is responsible for any materials passed via Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting's system to other networks, and agrees to comply with any restrictions posed by other networks' terms of service or acceptable use policies.
4. CONFIDENTIALITY. Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting will protect to the best of its ability the confidentiality of any files and electronic mail stored on or exchanged over the system, except as may be necessary to provide the requested Internet services, or as may be necessary to preserve the security and proper operation of Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting's system, or to protect Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting's rights or property. Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting, except as otherwise provided for in this Addendum or as required by law, will use its best efforts to avoid disclosing the contents of private electronic mail to anyone other than addressees, authorized recipients, or those to whom such disclosure is necessary to assure forwarding or delivery.
Customer acknowledges that no system on the Internet can be guaranteed safe from unauthorized intrusion, and therefore any confidential information stored on or transmitted through Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting's system is stored or transmitted at Customer's own risk.
5. SECURITY CONCERNS. Customer is responsible for the safekeeping of the password used to gain administrative access to the server used to store Customer's Web site.
Customer may not attempt to bypass any security mechanisms in place on Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting's system, or use any of Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting's systems or services to attempt to bypass any security mechanisms in place on any remote system. This includes, but is not limited to, running any password cracking software, or attempting to access a system which any Customer knows or reasonably should know he or she is not authorized to access in the manner or to the extent attempted.
6. COPYRIGHT ISSUES. Customer agrees not to upload to, download from, make available for public access on, or transmit through Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting's system any copyrighted material in violation of the copyright owner's rights in that material. By uploading, downloading, making available for public access, or transmitting any copyright-protected material, Customer warrants that Customer has the proper authorization to make or authorize the making of any copies involved with such uploading, downloading, making available for public access, or transmission. Unauthorized copying, or authorizing the copying of protected works in excess of any legal right through Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting's system is a violation of federal law and international treaties, and may result in not only termination of Customer's account, but also may result in civil and/or criminal fines and prison sentences.
Customer agrees not to remove any copyright ownership information, or falsify such information, on any files uploaded, downloaded, made publicly available through, or transmitted via Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting's system.
Customer explicitly licenses Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting to make any copies of copyright protected materials necessary to provide Internet and related services to Customer, as well as make any necessary copies necessary to preserve and maintain Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting's system and Customer's files and electronic mail.
Customer explicitly licenses Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting to make any copies, without limitation, of any copyrighted materials submitted to a public forum maintained on Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting's system, or submitted to any forum to which Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting provides access. This clause cannot be modified by either party unless any modification is in writing and signed by both parties.
7. UNATTENDED FORMS. Customer is not permitted to run any programs or software which continually send data over or access Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting system, or run any programs or software on Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting's system unattended, unless such use has been approved in advance by Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting.
The following activities are strictly forbidden on all Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting products
Use of a Web Hosting Monsters server as a proxy server or as a server in a proxy network.
Use of a Web Hosting Monsters server as an IRC server. This includes bouncers, bots, and daemons.
Using a Web Hosting Monsters server for malicious and/or illegal activity, including but not limited to:
~Running root exploit kits against other servers
~Scanning other networks
~Forging or misrepresenting message headers, in whole or in part
~Intentional distribution of viruses, worms, trojan horses, or other destructive activities
~Export control violations
If you believe you or your system was the subject of an attack originating from the Web Hosting Monsters Web Hosting network, contact us immediately. Our security response team will investigate the issue.